All you need to know about hiring a skip
Using the wait & load service
The Wait & Load Service is available on all skip sizes.
Using the Wait & Load service is for when you do not want to or cannot have a skip placed on your property or want to save the cost of purchasing a Road Permit.
When the lorry arrives, you have a maximum of forty Five minutes to fill the skip with your waste. If the lorry does not leave after forty five minutes they may be an additional charge. If there is going to be a problem please talk to the driver before loading.
Please note the driver cannot do a wait & load in a restricted area e.g yellow lines.
Will I need a Road Permit for my skip?
If the skip is being placed on private property or land, a Road Permit is not required.
If the skip is put on a privately owned road or verge, a Road Permit is not required.
If a skip is placed on a public highway or road verge, you will require a road permit under the Highways Act 1980.
Skip Road Permits can only be obtained by a skip hire company from your local Council and 7 working days are required to process and obtain the permit. Skips cannot be delivered without a permit issued.
|Midi – Ideal for home or small building jobs. Mixed or Heavy waste.||4 yd||1.1 m||2.4 m||1.5 m|
|Builders – Standard skip used by builders. Mixed or Heavy waste. The is the largest skip available for heavy only waste.||6 yd||1.1 m||3.3 m||1.8 m|
|Large – Ideal for large domestic jobs and building sites for their lighter mixed waste.||8 yd||1.2 m||3.4 m||1.8 m|
|Large – Suitable for a very large building projects or industrial waste. Light waste only. Cannot be used for rubble or soil.||10 yd||1.3 m||3.6 m||1.8 m|
|Extra Large – Suitable for larger projects. Light waste only. Cannot be used for rubble or soil.||12 yd||1.6 m||3.4 m||1.8 m|
Skip Hire Period
The maximum hire period is 14 days.
When ordering you are able to submit a collection date. If no date is given with the order or if after delivery no contact by telephone or website has been made for a collection, the skip will be automatically collected after 14 days.
If you do require the skip on site longer than 2 weeks, please call the office to arrange a FREE extension and a later collection date.
What you need to know about delivery & placement of the skip
We deliver and collect skips:
Monday – Friday 7.00am – 5.oopm
Saturday 7.00 – 11.30am
No Sunday delivery/collection
Skip lorries are large, if you are having a skip placed on your property you need to consider a few things:
- Can the land/drive the skip will rest on take the weight of the skip and contents without doing any damage?
- If the skip lorry needs to drive on to your property, is there enough width for the lorry to manoeuvre, can the land/drive support the lorry weight?
- If the hirer requests the vehicle delivering or collecting the skip to leave the public highway and entering your property, the hirer shall fully indemnify the company in respect of any loss, costs, claims, damages or expenses whether as a result of personal injury or as a result of damage to the vehicle itself or to any property of the hirer or third parties (including driveways/verges etc.)
- If you think delivery and placement of the skip on your property will not be straight forward i.e. height restrictions or restricted access as to where the skip will be placed, please call the office before ordering or include as much information as possible on the booking page in the delivery section.
- We have a small lorry for jobs with difficult access, please call us to book your skip if you will require a small lorry to deliver it.
The areas we deliver to
Pl;ease view the ‘Areas Covered‘ page showing a map of where we deliver to. If the delivery address is outside this area please call our office as we still may be able to deliver.
Terms & Conditions
Click here to view our full Terms & Conditions
Once you have made a booking, we receive the order immediately. We will call you within the two hours, depending on time of day, or by the end of the next working day to confirm your booking and also arrange payment which can be made by BACS, Credit/Debit card or cash on delivery.